Friday, August 18, 2006

Was in a State-of-Shock

How would you feel when you suddenly woke up in the middle of your sleep and you were just in your t-shirt and underwear; then a gun poked at your face?

It was such a shocking scene when I was facing a policeman along with other policemen who forced entry into our boarding house with the rest of the tenants asked to squat on the floor. They searched through the rest of the rooms. Two of our drunken co-boarders had a fight and the one ended up wounded when the other companion stabbed him 7 times. The other boarder who witnessed the incident went to sleep after being told by one of the boarders (who was having sex with his girlfriend) to shut the door out of fear and his horniness to go on with what he was doing at the time. Me, on the other hand, I was so tired from the whole day trip to Tagaytay and arrived home at almost 1 in the morning, dozed off and really never thought that the encounter was already bloody. I was sound asleep.

Suddenly, the policemen from our area rushed to our place; thought that the suspect was still hiding in our house. So we were forced to pull out of our rooms and were investigated. I, who really didn’t have any inkling and was not really part of the drinking sessions and was dragged into the whole scandal. We were invited to the precinct, but prior to that I was even harassed by one of the cops insisting me to talk about the incident, which I really didn’t witnessed with my own eyes. The other boarder who was already fabricating stories to keep the other boarder from being pressed with any possible charges, tried to talk his way by telling the cops that I was part of their drinking spree, which I was not.

It was like a movie scene, when we went out of our boarding house and people were snooping. Patrol cars were there with the red lights flashing. I feel humiliation all over me to be dragged into this. When we arrived at the station, after a few statements, they realized that we were not really part of the crime. But, we need to visit the victim since he doesn’t have any relative here in Manila. I was in a state-of-shock the whole day yesterday and my boss sent me home early to get some rest. I slept at around 8pm last night and woke up at 11am today. I was really down like a dead log.

I have decided to leave the place the soonest time possible for my own safety.


CounterData.com

Found Agency
Found Agency Counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home